Tofterå Slettemoen genealogy

RABUR Rijwielen bicycle factory

oude fiets

» RABUR Rijwielen bicycle factory     1 2 3 4 5 ... Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...



RABUR Rijwielen

The RABUR bicycle idea was created in 1918, coinciding with Johannes van der Raadt b. 1895 marrying Elisabeth van den Burg (Ra+Bur).



"In 1918 Johannes is registered as a smith. He moved from Noordwijkerhout to Roosendal on May 17th 1921 and to the Hague on Feb 1 1924. When he moved the Hague he had started selling bicycles (rijwielhandelaar). He registered his first phone as a bicycle wholesaler in 1938.



On Oct 3 1939 John registered the bicycle brand RABUR from the van der Raadt/van den Burg bicycle factory in the Hague. Before this the business was smaller, and he probably had a repair shop and dealership, but not an own brand. They bikes were probably produced only between 1939 and app. 1950, including a period of zero production because of the war (from 1943 to 1946 there was virtually no production).


Source: Herbert Kuner



During the war John would smuggle messages to the reistance in the frames.



The family had a house on 321 Laan van Meerdervoort, the factory was one door over, the family lived above. John was born here. He also had a bicycle wholesale at Beeklaan 405 in Haag.


Owner of originalLucy Tofterå
PlaceRABUR, 321 Laan van Meerdervoort, Haag
File nameRabur Ruwielen - bicycle factory.jpg
File Size987.63k
Dimensions1078 x 1763
Linked toJohannes van der Raadt
AlbumsRABUR Rijwielen bicycle factory, van der Raadt | van den Burg | van Veen | Overwater

» RABUR Rijwielen bicycle factory     1 2 3 4 5 ... Next»     » Slide Show